Monday, July 6, 2015

HINDSIGHT; Last Leg 2/8

Hey everyone! 
This week. Ah. Life is good. SO good. Perfect? ...hahahahah NO. But I really enjoyed this week looking back at it now. 
Some fun stuff happened.
Tuesday was Zone Conference (mammoth of a missionary meeting that happens every 3 months with multiple zones). At each ZC
, they inspect all the cars that the missionaries drive. Sister Bush always gets really intense over making sure the car is perfect at least this day (definitely got that one from Daddy haha). So the P-Day before this Tuesday, Sister Harker and I took forever and a day washing,waxing, Armour-All-ing EVERYTHING, vaccuming, windows, tires, the whole 9 yards. We come outside the next morning early so that we can "touch up" Carl (the car) and LOOK.




​FLAT. It was pretty funny. 
VANITY, in all it's forms is UNACCEPTABLE.... because then you get a flat tire.
But weird. Because technically we were being obedient and washing the car when we were supposed to... so we came home with





​a TRUCK lol. 
They had us swap out for a Corolla 2 days after though. Demoted. 
It was fun having the truck for 2 days though...
Anyways.
Since that was my last zone conference, I gave a departing testimony along with all the other missionaries that go home in the next 2 transfers. It was really weird... I always looked up to the "battle-hardened" missionaries that gave their testimonies like they had oodles of wisdom and I ate their words up like it was a break-the-fast. I felt really inadequate standing up there and reporting on the past 17 months... but I have never loved a period of time in my life with more conviction than I have loved my time serving a mission. Sweet above all that is sweet. 
That day was fun. I was with "my people" lol, and learned SO much about what I can do to work with more courage in the weeks ahead. Priceless revelation.

We haven't had any success as far as the eye can see as far as investigators go this week. But man did we tear it up working with members who haven't come to church in a while. It seemed that the harder we worked to find new investigators to teach, the more success we had in contacting members we've never met. Be aware of WHERE your answers and blessings come from. It's possible/probable/likely/guaranteed that we'll miss them if we aren't wary. 
HOWEVER.
I would like to share 1 particular experience that has boosted my spirits sky-high as far as seeing results goes. 
Fast-forward from Tuesday to Saturday. 
Our district was blitzing an apartment complex in our area to help us find some people to teach 
Blitz (just in case, I know different missions call it different things): When we all go out and contact as many people as possible in 1 companionship's area during an hour or so.
Sister Harker and I were working at this building and were NOT feeling it. We needed to be somewhere else. After a little thought and pondering.... Sister Harker led us to a different buliding on the other side of the complex and down the stairs to a very specific door. We knock.
*door cracks open 3"*
We meet D, who is "uninterested."
She's about to close the door, we're about ready to let it go and move on.
She stops, and says "You know, I like what you're doing. Not a lot of people believe in anything anymore. At least you're trying."
30 minutes later, her previously 3" open door is WIDE open, and she invites us in.
We had to go :( 
But we're going back this weekend :).
Sub story:
While we were talking to D, she mentions that she was raised by an Aunt who has passed away. Right when she mentioned her Aunt, my mind COULD NOT move on. It was the weirdest thing.. At first I felt really bad because I was having a hard time focusing on the next thing we were talking about. 
I wanted SO badly for her to change topics back to her Aunt.
Next thing she says- "...I don't know, what do you think about all of this, do you think that that was her, that my Aunt was there?" (Referring to a previous experience she shared with us where she felt a little spooked)
BOOM.
I told her that I wasn't sure about back then, but I was given a very special opportunity to tell her that I felt the Spirit then, and testify that we had been guided to her door that afternoon. Our ancestors want us to know truth, and if they could, they would help us however they could to find it. 
I'm not sure how much she understood that moment, but MAN... 
I got to be a part of a very special moment that day.
I'm grateful. 
The odds are EVER in our favor when we're pushing The Lord's cause. 
I'm grateful.
I'm also out of time.
Till next week, loved ones!

Definitely how it goes with President and Sister Mendenhall. I love them!

We clean up pretty nice- ARVADA ZONE :D

Feelin Patriotic

We had a themed Sisters Meeting, SO cute


THE cutest little Easter baskets we got from the members we live with- THANK YOU!!


xo, Sister Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment