Monday, July 6, 2015

HINDSIGHT; Last Leg 1/8

Aloha everyone! 
I figured I would try this route of sharing what's happening.
As much as I love typing out blog posts I've found that I have a hard time being as open as I want to be with my comments and experiences when I know they're going to the WHOLE WHOLE world... 
Anyways. 
It's a lot easier for me to be real in emails. So I thought I'd do EVERYONE a favor and tell you what all really goes on in the Sister Bush-iverse. 

Story time, really quick:
I was having pretty hard time earlier this week, and after some thinking, praying, and more struggling, I decided to seek a priesthood blessing. In the blessing, I was told that I needed to turn to my family in seeking the support I desired. Since then, I've been thinking about how exactly one does that when familial contact is... limited haha. 
I've been SLACKING as far as sharing everything that happens, which is insanse because I LOVE my mission! Though it may have taken 16 or so months... I really really want to turn to my family now. Miracles are happening in my life. Every day. And I get 2 hours a week to blast it out to all of you. 
So. Brace thyself.
:)

This Wednesday I had the chance to go on exchanges with my MTC comp, Sister Hoemann! It was rainy and windy... but it was sooo good to catch up with her. I'm actually really surprised that I didn't lose my voice from talking so much in 24 hours. I love Sister Hoemann!! One of the greatest miracles that we get to see on missions is the change that happens in our fellow missionaries. I remember when we were both terrified of missionary work and didn't know our right from our left with a nametag on. 16 months later... SO much has changed! But of course it felt like going home in a way cause we were with eachother from day 1. We had the opportunity to work in my area that day (Arvada 6th ward) and found a potential investigator while we were trying to contact a referral. Sister Hoemann (love her, again) asked Nancy if she'd ever met with missionaries before. Nancy said that she had, and she was always impressed by them. She's leaving town for a month :( but said we can come and share a message with her when she returns! 
Later that same day, we had a lesson with one of our investigators, G. G was a referral we got online. She's... "mostly atheist" but was always curious about her coworkers and extended family members who were members of our church. So she requested a Book of Mormon! We've been working with her for a little over a month now, and that night we talked about The Plan of Salvation, and why we even have it. We taught her that God made a plan for his children to be happy... that didn't sit that well with her. She says that if there IS a God, He plays favorites. We talked about how EVERYONE has trials, and that no ones life is as easy as it seems. The grass is always greener on the other side, etc., etc.
We're still working with her on that. I get it.. at least I think I do. It's not always as easy as it sounds to just put your head down and work, and ignore the fact that Uncle in the lane next to you is cruising by 50mph at the push of a button without breaking a sweat. 
That lesson with G made me think (again) if my happiness is conditional upon something... I don't want it to be. But you can't just la-dee-da around waiting for double rainbows, glitter, and butterflies to pave your way. I hear people say happiness is a decision, and I agree. But I've been thinking a lot about how it's not something that we get just because we've decided to be happy. You choose to work for it, just like everything else, right? I don't know. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it helped me a lot this week. So I thought I'd share.

We had a really powerful lesson on prayer with our Stake President last Sunday, and something that he shared has CHANGED THE WAY I'LL PRAY for the rest of my life. I'm grateful he said it, so I'm gonna share it with you all. He said something to this effect.
"
​What if, one night, while you were knelt by your bedside getting ready to pray, the Savior came and knelt beside you and said 'Don't worry about this one, I'll say it tonight.' What would He pray for on your behalf? What words would He use? What things would He ask for? What things would HE be sure to thank God for on your behalf?​
"
​WHOA.
I know, right?
I thought about this tender image as I knelt to pray that night. 
Then the next night, I did it again. But this time, I imagined the Savior handing the reigns back over to me. I imagined He was so sure that I would say just the right things that would convey the thoughts of my heart to Heavenly Father. 

There's so much more I want to share :(
SO MUCH!!
But time's up.
I'm grateful to serve in the frontlines of God's Army in Denver. There is NOTHING I'd rather be doing. I love you all so much it hurts. Seriously haha. 
I'll talk to you next week ok?

here's the district. I'm trying to think of a way to explain this picture, but I can't. Everyone's personality is very well represented here. I wish you knew them all cause then you'd know why it's so funny. I guess some of you know all of them... haha if you do, I hope you laughed as hard as I did



​​
​They started planting all of the flowers on the temple grounds!​


​ 

xo, Sister Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment