Tuesday, February 10, 2015

How is everyone? Good, good. Well, here in Centennial, Colorado, things are a'coolin down. Fall is here! Did I talk about that already? That's how you KNOW it's been a really long time since I've updated you all.
-General Conference! I SO enjoyed watching. I think my favorite 3 were
Elder Lynn G. Robbins (Sat morning)
Elder Jorg Klebingat (Sat afternoon)
Elder Neil L. Andersen (Sat afternoon)
they were all so good though, I'm excited to go back and listen to all of the talks again! We ended up staying at home and watching all of the sessions, instead of going to the chapel and watching the broadcast. It was nice to kick back and be really comfy while trying to write as many notes as possible down. What was all of your favorite talks?
-Hail! There was the craziest (and LONGEST) hail storm ever last Monday, and guess who was out in it? ...... Last Monday was our zone pday and we had an amazing day of soccer and nerf gun wars all planned. And then it hailed. Really? Really. We still played for a lot of the day though, playgrounds are much much more fun when they're slippery.
-Meet the Mormons! We had the chance to watch this film last week. It is so inspiring! If you haven't seen the trailers for it yet, go watch it. Because that'd probably be much more meaningful than me potentially spoiling the whole movie trying to give you a synopsis. My favorite was the fighter... no wait. The missionary mom! Ahh! I can't pick. Be sure to see it when it comes out! I wanna see it again!! Just saying, I saw that there's a free download for the song 'Glorious,' and that song is my JAM. If anything, go get THAT.
>>>meetthemormons.com
-What I've learned (In the past month): 
I had a coach who always reminded us not to "force it" while we were playing. Even though it was kind of a frustrating and abstract comment to hear while trying to get the ball where you want it to go, I have smile at how often I've been thinking that very thought while doing missionary work. "Don't force it." In kind of a "letting go and letting God" sense, hahaha things are a lot funner when you're not "forcing things."
I really REALLY enjoy being a missionary. Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment