Monday, July 6, 2015

HINDSIGHT; March 09 2015

Hello! Does anyone even read these? Haha. I hope so cause I really mean everything from the bottom of... m'heart. Nevertheless...
This week! 
Faith Builders! + Random Tidbits 

#1- We were able to see the fruits of diligence blossom! On a particularly rough (because missionary work is NOT all butterflies and double rainbows... laugh if anyone ever tells you otherwise. You have my permission) night, I was totally about to throw in the moist towelette, but after a prayer for help and a really gung-ho companion pep talk we went to go talk to one more person. We were able to deliver a message to the heart of an individual who was curious enough to look for us. Kind of vague wording, huh? Sorry hahah. I know that there was no other place that we could've been in our area that evening where we would've been closer to where God needed us to be at that moment. Best feeling EVER. Never forsake your faith. Even if your day sucketh exceedingly.

#2- Our ward is gearing up to do a 120 day Book of Mormon read together, and I am SO excited. Miracles will FLOOD the homes that participate. Check this:
“I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness” (Ensign, May 1980, p. 67).
That's Marion G. Romney   speaking, not me lol. Apply this on whatever scale you will: Self, spouse, roommates, family, ward, stake, mission, companionship. The principle is the same.

#3- Walking is good for the soul! Just thought I'd throw that on in there haha, because it is! And because planning as a missionary without a car is completely different than planning with one. I'm not complaining. I honestly love it! Not like I'm the first (or the last) missionary to not be in a car. I just love talking about it cause it's new to me :). I have been stretched both physically and spiritually this week! I'd consider myself reasonably limber now hahahahah (don't feel like you're supposed to laugh at that, I know I'm not funny anymore lawl)

#4- I got to go on exchanges with Sister Reynolds last night! It was amazing to talk for a while with one of the missionaries that I came out with and see the change and growth that we've both had. Touch of the master's hand... It's really inspiring. And funny because we get to discuss all of our brand-new-missionary faux pauxs (is that even how you spell that?) and cringe at the memories. It's great.

Penny for my thoughts! hehe ta-ta!

Pictures:
-such a pretty little river until Sister Bush had to scurry across it
-Someone we teach, James! He's SO funny, he slays me.






xo, Sister Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment