Monday, July 6, 2015

HINDSIGHT; Last Leg 4/8

Hi :)
Word of the week- DFLGDFKLJGHGFDFJAHHHHHH!
(Pronunciation up for debate)
There was one moment in particular when Sister Netherton and I were talking about change and the role that the Savior has played in our individual changes and we just looked at eachother and went "DAHH!!" It was pretty funny (and slightly irreverent) but that moment perfectly describes how this past week has been. 
SO all over the place, not graceful at all. But SO wonderful. 
Miracle lane runs right through the Arvada stake, I'm tellin ya!

We were able to contact so many people this week! AH! I still can't get over it. It's our job (and our pleasure) to reach out to as many people as possible everyday. That doesn't guarantee that we'll get to be the ones to actually get in and help people though. But this week... AH! I'm tearing up just thinking about it... We were so blessed to be able to see so many people this week. Heavenly Father doesn't have to let us be a part of these miracles... but He does. He's allowed me to see so much in the past 7 days. Miracles happen whether we notice them or not. All day, everyday. 

We met with a sister who was embarrassed to admit that in all her life as a baptized member of the church she had never studied the Book of Mormon. It felt good to pass on to her council that I had received at a church meeting a couple weeks earlier. 
"That's ok. Start today."
She had mentally categorized herself in a "Doesn't do scripture study" group and it had never occured to her that she could and should simply start today. And so it is with ANYTHING we want to change. SO simple. TOO simple sometimes, right? 
Oh, your prayers tend to be not as meaningful as you'd like them to be?
"That's ok. Start today."
So you don't think you're as optimistic about life as you want to be?
"That's ok. Start today."
As far as spiritual growth goes, be ye NOT afraid of the pain that comes with change. It's been shared with me that THAT pain is spiritual friction. Spiritual friction is the seed of repentance. It is the light of Christ within you, yearning to grow. Nurture that light. Today.

That's what I've been thinking about today anyways...
Sorry, the lady at the computer next to me is REALLY into her music and is rapping out loud along with it lol so my thoughts are kind of coming and going... But it's cool, we all jam out :).

We had interviews with President and Sister Mendenhall this week and while we were talking to Sister Mendenhall she had us write something on a slip of paper. She invited us to write something personal on it that we need to let go of. So I did. And we put it in a balloon and let it go. Not only was this SO stinkin cute, but totally fit the theme of my LIFE this week- the hope of change.

I feel like everything led up to this past Saturday. Our zone had a goal this past week for each companionship to find 1 more person who was ready to have a baptism date. Super stressed for a quick minute cause the little pride monster inside was like "Well what else would I be trying to do? Isn't that what I've been shooting for EVERY DAY?"
Stop.
Did I feel like this goal was possible? Was this an inspired goal?
Yes. 
So. Swallow that pride girl.
"Forget yourself and go to work."
GAHHHHHH!
By show of hands, who remembers the story about D and her Aunt who passed away? Anyone? Wonderful!
This whole week I wanted so badly for Saturday to hurry up and come so that we could go and see D. So Saturday came (because I wanted it to, and also because time rolls whether or not I will it to haha) and we sauntered over to D's. Long story short, the lesson went SO well. D feels that one door has closed, and another door has opened. By learning about the gospel :'). We are now helping her to feel prepared for baptism on June 7. 
Ah! I can't help it, I'm just gonna give you the long story. 
2 transfers ago, on exchanges with Sister Reynolds, we taught the Restoration to this lady randomly under a tree. Her name is Monique. We didn't hear much from Monique, so the next transfer Sister Harker and I went to go see her. This is where the last story about Debbie comes in. Sister Harker and I beeline to Monique's building and at the last second knock on the door across the hall. That's how we met D. I didn't even REALIZE this until we were walking out of Debbies home on Saturday. We are NEVER left hanging out to dry, missionaries and those we teach alike. Heavenly Father is ever aware of us, and will ALWAYS send us where we need to be and who we need. Whether it be straight to your front door or right across the hall.

I love you all, and I am in LOVE with the people of Colorado (totally in a missionary-appropriate way of course ;D ). God is pushing His work in Arvada. I get to see it everyday. HOW LUCKY AM I???




xo, Sister Bush​

No comments:

Post a Comment