Tuesday, February 10, 2015

​The Catch-Up Game (Part 1)​
​Ladies and germs! It has been far far FAR too long.​ HOW ARE YOU? Email me your responses to that, cause I really want to know. I love you guys, did you know that? I hope you know that. I also hope that the spirit will touch you all as I try to make sense of all the wonderfulness that's transpired since I last wrote. Much has happened I feel... and I hope the reverence that I have for everything comes through. The mission experiences I've had over the past year(ish) are SO special to me. As much as I want to just bottle it all up and let it age in my metaphorical memory cellar for my own selfish use... I have this distinct feeling that that's not why I've had such special experiences :).
Where do I start?
....Oh! Last you all heard, my companion was Sister Harvey (of the Colorado Springs Harveyses ;)), correct?

Well since then, little Harvey has spread her wings and taken flight to the Seattle, Washington Mission!


That was pretty special, cause we (Sister Hoopes and I, her co-trainers) got to take Sister Harvey up to the mission office and drop her off to her mama! Which isn't something that every missionary gets to experience with their companions. It was soo sweet to see her be reunited with her family, and also we got to hug Mama Harvey too. That was the best :). But then we had to say bye... and that was NOT the best.




I'm not gonna lie, it was SO hard saying goodbye to Sister Harvey. Super hard. That transfer in general was kind of hard. Saying bye to Willow Creek after 6 months, bye to the Denver Stake after a whole year, and bye to all the missionaries I served around in the Denver South Zone. Lots of teency changes all bottled up into 1! I know that that's just the way the missionary cookie crumbles when transfers roll around, but DANGFLABBIT it's just hard sometimes. And that's ok :). The world has NOT ended. I can laugh about all of this now because it's almost been 3 months since it all :).  Leaving Centennial isn't the end of the story though.


Does anyone remember this sister? The one whose sunglasses match mine? Anyone?? It's Sister Grossman (of the Las Vegas Grossmans:))! She is now my companion!! We're actually on our 2nd transfer together now. Sister Grossman was trained by Sister.... wait for it... Lee!! We served together in Denver, we went to the zoo and had ourselves a ball... and now we're companions!  


We're assigned to the Coal Creek Ward in the Aurora Stake. We cover some bits and bobs around Aurora that surround (and include) the Buckley Airforce Base. Since being companions, we've had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years together- next up: Valentines Day! It has been CRAZY. Good crazy.
I think that's all I have time for this week... Stay tuned for part 2 of this catch-up game. OH MAN, I pinky promise to never get this behind ever again!!
 I love you all foreverrrrrrr​
xo, Sister Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment