Monday, July 21, 2014

1st full week in Willow Creek- BE STILL MY BEATING HEART. I love June in Colorado. Even with the hail and the lightning and the thunder and the rain. I've declared it to be my favorite month up here. Sister Lee and I are finding ourselves SUPER busy (can I get an amen, hallelujah?) in our area and have found that we both have a sincere reverence for Korean food. The beginning of a BEAUTIFUL companionship I tell you. BEAUTIFUL. That's why I'm peanut butter and she is jelly "and we're so happy on a little piece of bread." Sister Lee's teaching me that song! Stinkin cute.

She loves folding laundry! Which is amazing becauuuuuuse folding laundry is not my #1 favorite in the world.
There are these 2 apartment complexes separated by a little brook/creek (not sure what the technical term for it is) that we crossed while we were out visiting people. It was cute and all... until we saw the bridge jusssst around the river bennnnnnd that connects the apartments hahahaha. We felt... ridiculous. But it was fun to feel like Indiana Jones for a brief moment.

On Sunday (Father's Day! Happy Father's Day!) in Gospel Principles class (Sunday School) I thought I lost my CTR ring that I got in my last area from a member that is sooo dear to my heart. My heart DROPPED. Something was nagging inside me saying "it's just a ring, suck it uppppp" and something else trying to tell me not to worry about it,  but I still felt really junk about it because it meant so much (Sister Fullmer was given a matching one too). But still couldn't bring myself to honestly worry about it. I think that's what made me feel the worst. Did I really not care about the ring so much that I wouldn't even bother to look for it? Long story short it was in the bottom of my purse (hehe) but I was taken back by the tears that came when I first realized I didn't know where it was. Love is a crazy thing. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir when I say this, but it really does change EVERYTHING. Understand who loves you. Let yourself be filled with love. That sounds really wishy-washy but I'm realizing that WE draw lines and limits to our capacities to love and be loved. I feel like I keep talking about this every week. Let me just say that THIS is what I've learned mostly in the past 6 months as a missionary. Understanding love. The love that I have for my family. The love I have for my friends. The love I have for my beautiful Hawaii. The love that my parents have for me. I feel I might never fully understand how perfectly and completely our Savior and Heavenly Father love me, but I feel it constantly. And I am so grateful for that unrelenting love. A love without a maximum capacity. Pray to understand (Alma 37:37-37). I have. The world is an awful lot more gorgeous when you try to see it through the Savior's eyes.

Quote of the week: When you find who you are, you will be sorry you didn't try harder.
hmmmmmm

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOVE YOU.


UGH. Sneakiest bridge ever.

Me und Sister Lee! Official Introductionalionary Picture.

--xo, Sister Bush


No comments:

Post a Comment