Sunday, June 15, 2014


Hi :). Lately I've found myself humming a lot. More often than usual. Any and everything anyone says turns into a tune and my life seems like a reel of deleted scenes from High School Musical. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not that's a good thing. I feel like I keep talking about spring to everyone and much I love it and how beautiful everything is (cause it's true) but spring's actually all but gone and summer is all but here. It makes me sad that all the blossom trees are done doing their thang, and all the flowers are competing with the sun. I'm still getting used to the weather around me actually changing. For example. Last week it hailed, we had numerous tornado warnings, and tomorrow's high is 88 degrees. I'm still learning to love the weather, but I definitely love Colorado. I'm kind of rambling today, but... not buts. Just acknowledging the fact that I'm aware of my rambling :).

Sister Fullmer and I have been thinking a lot about "inspired questions" lately (think soul-searchy questions). Questions that Heavenly Father plants in our hearts and in our minds to help us along the way. It's kind of been a switch in thinking as we've been thinking of our own inspired questions. When you throw yourself into something new you sometimes pick up an "I'll take things as they come/I'm just gonna roll with it/ Fake it till I make it" attitude. Sometimes this is better. You learn a lot about yourself this way. What you're actually capable of vs. what you tell yourself you can handle. What needs to get done vs. what you think you can do. Then that adrenaline rush fades. And you're comfortable. What was once unfamiliar is now your uje.  I'm thinking of this in relation to missionary work, but thinking back I'm beginning to see a pattern developing with most things that are new. This is where the questions come. Let yourself ask questions. Let yourself ask questions that you think you maybe might possibly already probably know the answer to. Let yourself think of actual questions. You have at least 12 I bet. I have tons.
Ok cool, you have questions. Yayyyyyy. So? SO. Do those questions need to be answered?
"I've been fine this long without knowing.. meh."
NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Sister Bush wants to testify to you this day that you have a Heavenly Father who wants you to know what your heart longs to know. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. To be honest typing this out feels odd and awkward. I keep thinking of random people that'll happen across this and roll their eyes at another holy roller on a soapbox, and write my testimony off. It saddens me, kind of frightens me, but it doesn't really phase me. This is the most true thing that I've found in this life. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. It's a weight that I feel on my chest every second of every day. Kind of like a nice heavy fuzzy Korean blanket. It's wonderful :). And on top of that, I know that that same loving Heavenly Father gave us a way to find lasting happiness in this temporal world. Know what way I'm talking about? .....hehe :)

1. I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

2. He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

3. He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

4. He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I love journaling. So much. I could write in my journal until my hand fell off. When my brain feels really jumbled I'll write. Until my brain's quiet(er) and I feel like the wrinkles in my mind have been smoothed out some. Sometimes that takes 2 pages. Sometimes my body wins and I fall asleep before I feel that I've said all that I'm trying to say. But the feeling that you've said what your heart is telling you and translated it from mumbo-jumbo feelings to words is rewarding, relaxing, and reassuring. It's comforting. It's my favorite :) I feel that feeling now though. I know that I'm meant to be sharing miracle stories and all.... fear not. They're coming :) I have faith in that. Hang tight.

Other than that..... I love you. Laterrrrrrr


Going gracefully grey in the grass #effortlessalliteration


Another "Bushmer in front of the temple" classic

After quidditch we played capture the flag with four-filled hosiery. It was just as fancy and dignified as it sounds.

Hehe. For some reason she always gets called Elder Fullmer. I think it's funny (and NOT a coincidence hahahahah)

Guess what we played for zone p-day! #youreawizardharry

Sister Sunshine Siilata, Sister Fullmer, and Sister Faulk. Halftime.

Sister Reynolds. Hips don't lie. Hula hoop champion extraordinaire!


Oh yeah. And the aforementioned hail.



No comments:

Post a Comment