Thursday, March 6, 2014

Letter 5: Hope, Transfers, and Superbowl

Whale whale whale, what do we have here? A very very very delayed post? Why yes, yes that is what we have here. Have you missed me? Cause I've missed you... *cricket.... Don't answer that. I'm currently kicking myself for not keepin track of the fun wee bits that happen throughout the week. Annoying. Can't remember everything, but I DID try to make a list just now so I can cover the highlights at least. How efficient am I? .... Don't answer that.

A) HOPE- Hope! Sister Fullmer and I were asked to speak on hope/miracles last Sunday. The ward has been focused on the miracles and blessings that are in store this coming year, I've noticed that the general consensus (at least in the Cherry Creek ward) is that everyone and their mama is glad glad glad that 2014 is her and that 2013 is but a thing of the past. So the emphasis in the ward has been just that. Preparing/ aligning ourselves to allow the miracles and blessings into our lives. *Enter Faith, Hope, etc., etc. It's actually kinda cool that we spoke on hope, cause that's been our favorite message to share with people lately.

B) SINGING! - Same Sunday as the hope talks, stay with me now. So. Think: prepare for a talk + prepare for a lesson + prepare to sing in sacrament. Now add in snow, and multiply that by the fact that this is my first actual winter. What's that spell? THE funkiest sore throat I ever did have. I don't know if it was stress or the cold that threw it out of whack or what, but we went from being this super rockin elder/sister quartet potential super-squad to being 3/4 rockin' 1/4 croakin' "singing" clump. Haha that was dramatic... The other missionaries sounded great. I just feel bad for frogging out on the prettiest arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives...Oh well hahah.  It's done now. No takesies backsies.

C) MUSEUM- Oooh museum day! Last Monday we hightailed it outta the library to finish laundry and shook a tailfeather out to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science! So stoked! It actually reminds me a lot of Bishop Museum... just Colorado-centric instead of Hawaii-centric. And the neighborhood around it! So beautiful. The neighborhood's pretty old, the trees are HUGE if you know what I mean haha. But anyways. Museum. My favorite exhibits were the dinosaur ones and the space ones (of course). I could've spent days in there, easily. We're planning on going back for the Mayan exhibit that opens on Valentine's (gag) day. So so soooo excited.

D) KAIA- Kaia! Our Kaia is among the 8 year olds in the ward this year, and we were lucky enough to go through the missionary lessons with her! We love love love her and her family. We were looking forward to the baptism pretty much all month hahaha. The dress that shes wearing was her mom's dress when she was little. They altered/updated it but it was sooo precious.

E) TRANSFERS- DUN DUN DUN. Hahaha other misisonaries got transferred. Still training sooooo... still in Cherry Creek ahaha wootwoot! It's weird how fast this transfer's gone by... And how we all get shuffled around Colorado every 6-ish weeks.. I know change is the only constant, but DANG.

F) SNOW- So the snow ate Aurora, Colorado this past week. Rude. It put a damper on m warm-blooded soul. So Sister Fullmer and I have made multiple attempts in the past week to embrace said cold and "break me in" as far as winter goes. First time getting hit with a snowball- check. First snowman- check. First time getting stuck on the ice in the car outside our abode (annoying)- check. It was fun to laugh so much though, but snow is not my favorite (speaking as a missionary). Mixed feelings.

G) SUPERBOWL- Hahahhaha. Superbowl. Did I watch? Nah. But it's kind of been impossible to ignore in Colorado these past couple of weeks. It's been craaaaazy. But I do love the Bronco-unity. it must've been sick growing up where everyone's got the same team. For example (From the opening prayer for sacrament meeting this past Sunday): "...we're grateful for the orange sun that sets against the blue sky...."  ..........I see what you did there ahahaha. Our District Leader's from Washington so he's been going OFF all week. Today especially haha. Como se dice.... Pride cycle? Kidding hahaha

H) TIANA!- Hahaaahahahhaah last week a little kid said I look like Princess Tiana! And I didn't even have to bribe him to say it! I talked with a real bad New Orleans accent for the rest of the day, even in my head hahaha. Como se dice..... fathead hahah

That's all though :( sorry nothing more interesting to share with y'all..

Love love love you


Dinotopia!



struggling to be a primate hahah




"LLAMA FACE"

So cool. Completely made out of preciousish stones

We have a thing with buffaloes
Guess where :)

Found it!



hahahah

    trying to have fun in the snow
                                                trying
succeeding!

                

 



Aforementioned snowmen
hahahahahah
Our patio (ft. the crazy cold white stuff of death)

Was I called as a missionary, or a hot cocoa barista?
Kinda purdy
Kaia!:)
Bye Bye Elder Dance
Mah main squeeze, Sister Reynolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment