Friday, February 27, 2015

HI hi Hi hI HI!
This week we met a man named Andrew (kind of randomly) and he challenged us to make this certain neighborhood "[our] battleground." The moment he told us that was kind of unexpedtedly intense, but really exciting. We haven't seen him since but his words have kind of been ringing in my head for the past week or so. It was such a cool moment. Taking a stand for something, making someplace YOUR battleground... it stirs something in the soul... Anyways :)
I've taken a stand in Aurora and Centennial, but Arvada is pretty different from both of those places haha. It's SO COOL!
The biggest thing I learned this week was about ACTUAL perseverance and guts. 1 word, 4 letters. SNOW. This weekend presented the first actual snow storm of this winter. It wasn't funny while it was happening but it's actually pretty funny looking back at it now.

D&C 64:33
 33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
Gal 6:9
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
I know things could've been a lot worse and stuff, and that weather struggles are the LEAST of some peoples concerns... but this week I got to find out if my happiness/willingness/commitment was dependent on the weather alone. If I'm honest, for a lot of Saturday it was. I didn't like that that was the case. "Let us not be weary."  Let us not shrink.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-03-0020-that-we-might-not--shrink-dc-1918?lang=eng

If I could leave you with anything this week, it would be to consider where your strength comes from and what your happiness is conditional upon. I'm doing it too. I was thinking... If our strength and our
happiness was rooted in the fact that we are of divine descendance (is that even a word?), what reason have we to be weary? I'll let you know what I learn from this ;).

I love you all!

xo, Sister Bush
 














No comments:

Post a Comment