Monday, October 13, 2014

1. Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene--one step enough for me.

2. I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.

3. So long thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile


One step enough for me.
One step has been MORE than enough this past week.
I have found myself drawing on strength that is not my own this week,
and I have been able to do hard things. There were moments where I knew I needed to do something, or I wanted to do something, but I FELT that I "couldn't." But something told me that there was a way that I could. And I would. So I did. 

MATT 11:28-30
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
In Relief Society this past Sunday, a sister explained how this scripture worked in her mind. She likened our burdens to a piece of hard toast ("I love poached eggs," she explained). The Savior's grace is like a poached egg to go on top of the toast. If we cover ourselves in that "yolk," if we let it saturate our burdens, that toast isn't so hard anymore. It's not that our piece of toast has the crusts cut off and gets sliced into neat 1/4 bits..
MOSIAH 24:15
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 
We can receive the strength that we require to "bear up our burdens with ease." If there's any truth that I've come to this past week, it would be this.

Faith, to be faith, must center around something that is not known. Faith, to be faith, must go beyond that for which there is confirming evidence. Faith, to be faith, must go into the unknown. Faith, to be faith, must walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness" - Boyd K. Packer



Random Bits:
-I turned 21?
-I learned how to arrange flowers (kind of)
-I had bison burgers for the first time (me gusta)
-I went to the dentist!
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


xo, Sister Bush






No comments:

Post a Comment