Monday, January 6, 2014

Letter 2- When it snows, it pours

Howdy and Aloha loved ones! Let's take a journey!
 

...Sister Fullmer tried. 
 
Let it not be said that I don't like snow. I actually really like snow, and getting to dress up for it, and not sweating, etc., etc. HOWEVER. Let it be said that being a missionary in the snow... is so not the business. Nevertheless, snow missed Christmas in Colorado by a couple of days, but it's here now. And it #cantstopwontstop.
BUT, as previously noted, Heavenly Father loves me! This week I had Loco Moco one night and kalua pig and rice another night. Hehe. So spoiled. Loco Moco, kalua pig, copious amounts of bacon and lotsa cocoa make for happy missionaries.
We went tracting in the previously mentioned Bel-Aire.. it was... less than fruitful. But we managed to get 1 appointment for the next day! WAHOOOO!!!! Then snow happened, and I'm 80% sure we got stood up. Fabulous, huh? Arms crossed for that one.
 
One thing (out of the thousands of things) that I'm grateful for about serving stateside is how strong the church roots are here. So many members can trace their ancestry to the pioneers and all that. It's insane!
 
Sidenote: This library, actually all the libraries here are SO busy. I don't know if it's just Mondays or what but everyone and their mama's trying to get on a computer. Which is cool and all, but ERRBODY talks like we're in a stadium or something. Like dang.
 
Auntyways.

  Sister Fullmer and I's morning surprise
 
Our street covered in white stuff.

 Our jams yesternight, BUT look at the temperature!! Whyyyyy Colorado, WHYYYY?

 Sister SnowBush

 Sister MyNoseHairsAreFrozen-Fullmer

 
As always, I love you. Whoever you are, you reader you.
 
OH! Scripture(s) of the week: Psalm 143:10 & D&C42:61
 
Ok now I'm pau. Laterrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment